Do you know why TikTok is so popular right now? Not only for fun, but there are also ways to earn money from TikTok .
Starting from young people to middle-aged people may already feel familiar with the presence of TikTok. And this is happening all over the world!
That’s because TikTok users can take advantage of the platform for money. Unmitigated, there are nine ways to make money from TikTok that you can try.
Interested? Find out more in this article.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform that allows users to record short videos accompanied by music.
The short video app was originally called Douyin, which was released by Chinese company ByteDance in 2016. In just one year, Douyin already has around 100 million users inside China.
With its success, this application rebranded under the name TikTok. The goal is to be more acceptable to the global market share.
And the effort was successful. TikTok currently has around one billion active users worldwide.
In Indonesia itself, initially TikTok was underestimated, labeled as an alayers application , even in 2018 it was blocked by Kominfo .
However, TikTok has been shining again since the pandemic until now. Unmitigated, TikTok users in Indonesia in August 2020 have crossed the 22.2 million mark !
This is one of the reasons why TikTok is getting more and more popular, the opportunity to earn money from TikTok is so great !
How to Earn Money from TikTok
Unlike YouTube with its AdSense , TikTok does not pay for each ad that is placed on a user’s account.
So, how do you make money on TikTok? Does TikTok make money?
There are several alternative ways to earn money from TikTok. Good for you brand owners, personal accounts, or even for beginners! Effective ways that you can do are:
- Sponsored Content Post
- Donate or Payout Coins
- Account Management Services or TikTok Manager
- Buy and Sell TikTok Account
- TikTok Marketing
- Influencing Marketing
- TikTok Influencer
- Music Promotion
- Directing Traffic to Other Platforms
Without further ado, let’s get into the first discussion.
1. Sponsored Content Post
Sponsored Content Posts are you as a TikTok influencer, promoting a specific brand .
Usually, agencies or brands will look at the number of followers, likes, and video views, to measure the level of engagement of content creators on TikTok.
From there, it will be seen whether your followers are suitable, aka the target market of the brand.
This method is suitable for those of you who already have thousands of followers or more. Therefore, before you can accept Sponsored Content Post offers, you must try to increase your followers on TikTok.
There are several ways to increase followers on TikTok , namely:
- Find niche content;
- Upload interesting videos, edit your videos before posting;
- Consistent or scheduled;
- TikTok profile optimization;
- Mengikuti challenge viral;
- Collaboration with other TikTok users;
- Upload your content to other social media, such as Instagram, Facebook, etc;
- Upload at prime time.
We will discuss the points above in more detail in the TikTok Monetization Tips section. So, read till the end…
In addition, to further improve your promotional skills through TikTok, you can also learn 14+ TikTok Content Ideas for Business Promotion .
2. Donate or Payout Coins
There are many ways to earn money from TikTok when your followers are already high. One of them is the “donation” that fans give when you live stream on TikTok.
The concept is almost the same as the Twitch or Likee platforms. During live streaming, TikTok allows viewers to give gift stickers that can later be exchanged for cash .
Usually, these stickers will only be sent by viewers to appreciate the content creator’s efforts in providing TikTok content. So, try to create useful content, okay!
Then, why the sticker can be cashed? Yes, because your fans get those stickers by buying them too.
3. Account Management Services or TikTok Manager
The fifth way you can do that is to become a TikTok Manager. How it works, you manage someone’s TikTok account to make it grow faster.
The target is not only content creators, but also brands or companies that use TikTok for business promotion.
Typically, the duties of an account manager include:
- Increase followers, likes, number of video views to engagement;
- Set a content marketing strategy ;
- Develop creative TikTok content ideas;
- Manage cooperation offers, etc.
This method is suitable for those of you who understand the ins and outs of the world of marketing .
On TikTok, it’s possible to go viral overnight. To make money on TikTok even better, as a TikTok Manager, you need to learn more about viral marketing .
4. Buy and Sell TikTok Accounts
If you are already good at building engagement with followers, then the best way to make money on TikTok is buying and selling accounts.
Well, how come? How do you make money from TikTok with this tactic?
The concept is very simple, all you need to do is:
- Create an account with an interest in a particular topic;
- Growing followers, likes, impressions, and engagement;
- Build a community with enthusiasts of the same topic;
- Once the account gets big, sell it to brands or companies with the same field.
In this way, does TikTok make money? How can it be money?
Because the promotional targets needed by the brand or company are people who have the same interests as their field of business.
Meanwhile, you have built a complete account with followers that match the needs of the brand. It’s like you’re helping brands meet their target market .
Win-win solution for you, followers, and business owners, right?
This method is common, because there are still not many brands that can handle accounts from scratch.
What’s more, you can create as many accounts as you can afford.
You can experiment with building community marketing and managing accounts with various topics or interests. That way, the more accounts you can sell later.
In addition, you can display the accounts you are selling on a special website to make it look more professional.
5. TikTok Marketing
TikTok marketing is intended for those of you who own a brand and want to attract consumers from this application. The most powerful way of promotion on this platform is with TikTok Ads.
Similar to Facebook Ads or Instagram Ads , TikTok has algorithms that can help your ads be “seen” by the targets you want them to be.
For example, your business is in the culinary field, then ads are shown to users who have the same interests.
This can happen because TikTok records all of the user’s viewing history to provide more personalized ads.
In addition to targeting the right audience, the TikTok algorithm also routinely conducts remarketing . So, your ad will be shown back to the audience that has interacted with your ad before.
This method allows the audience to be more familiar with your brand and interested in buying the products you advertise.
Well, you can follow the Complete TikTok Ads Guide that we have provided. Ready to advertise and cuan a lot?
6. Agensi Influencer
Influencer agency is a method that connects brands that want to advertise with TikTok influencers .
Usually these agencies become intermediaries, coordinators, to management, from advertising agreements. For example, finding the right influencers, arranging advertising concepts, to managing collaborations.
In fact, TikTok already has a dedicated platform for the Creator Marketplace . There are specific features that influencers work with.
But usually, the costs to be incurred are quite large. Because it has to be shared with influencers, content creation, and commissions for TikTok itself.
Well, that’s where you can take the opportunity by providing a relatively more affordable price than what TikTok offers.
This method is suitable for those of you who have content marketing and video marketing expertise . There’s nothing wrong with trying your luck by opening this influencer agency.
Interesting info: In Indonesia, influencer agencies are still very rare, you know! With the high number of TikTok users in Indonesia, the opportunities are still wide open.
You can follow the agency concept used by sociallypowerful.com.
7. TikTok Influencer
One of the most popular ways to earn money on TikTok is to become an influencer.
In addition to popularity, TikTok influencers can make money in various opportunities, for example:
- Sponsored content post.
- Brand ambassador.
- Affiliate marketing.
- Endorsements, and others.
To become a TikTok influencer of course requires several strategies. For example as done by Khaby Lame.
With creative content ideas, interesting expressions, and of course consistency, Khabe Lame, who was once an ordinary TikTokers, became an influencer with 90.2 million followers!
As an influencer, Khaby Lame also managed to get money from TikTok up to 2.7 million dollars .
How? How to make money on TikTok is amazing, right?
8. Music Promotion
For those of you who are in the music world, TikTok can be a powerful way to make money. Because most of the content on TikTok can be accompanied by certain music,
Have you ever heard Pamungkas’ song To The Bone? The song is one example of a music promotion that has gone viral through TikTok.
The song became famous because it was used in many TikTok videos. Another effect, the song has been played on Spotify up to 1.9 million times!
Hm, this idea of how to make money from TikTok is cool too!
9. Directing Traffic to Other Platforms
Are you a content creator from outside TikTok? Well, why not give TikTok a try to promote your content?
Moreover, the method is quite easy, just by linking links to content on other platforms such as Instagram and YouTube. That way, more people will visit your other platforms, after seeing your TikTok videos.
It can also be for your website or blog. All you have to do is add a link in your TikTok bio that directs you to the website that is your source of income.
That way, you will get traffic from your TikTok audience. Indirectly, this strategy is also a way to make money from TikTok, right?
TikTok Monetization Tips
After knowing how to earn money on TikTok, here are some tips to make your monetization process run smoothly and more optimally.
What are the tips? Let’s discuss.
1. Set an Account Niche
TikTok account interest has a big impact on your income. Especially if you do the Sponsored Content Post method, account management services, and buying and selling accounts.
By specifying a niche or account topic, you can optimize your account more specifically . For example, culinary, technology, etc.
There are several ways to make your account niche more specific , namely:
- Write interest in profile bio;
- Watch videos with the same niche in topic search;
- Follow each other with users on the same topic;
- Make videos around the desired topic;
- Use appropriate hashtags;
- Do viral challenges that are tailored to your topic.
Why is the account niche important?
If you pursue a niche, the chances of entering FYP will be even greater and you can capture the needed leads.
Compared to topics that are too general or general, it will be more difficult to enter FYP. The views are also few and the leads obtained are also not many.
2. Setting Target
After determining your account niche, it’s time to set income targets.
The trick, you can use the TikTok money calculator that is spread on the internet. An example is the TikTok Money Calculator from the Influencer Marketing Hub.
This can be done for both TikToker and influencer agencies as well.
If you are a TikToker, you can use this money calculator to help determine endorsement price ranges.
And if you’re an influencer agency, the money calculator can help you estimate TikToker endorsement costs.
All of which will generate your account engagement rate percentage and estimated revenue from TikTok. This is one of the points whether TikTok makes you money or not.
3. Content Optimization to Enter FYP
FYP or For You Page is the recommended content on the user’s homepage when he first opens the application.
The advantage of getting videos into FYP is that your content can be seen by many people, so that likes and the number of views will increase.
But in order to enter FYP, you need to apply the following tips:
- Create trending content . Because FYP appears automatically based on popularity or trend. You can package trending videos with niche content, edited according to your characteristics, etc.;
- Write captions properly . Let TikTok “see” your content according to trends or keywords. Make captions as attractive as possible and interactive with the viewer. For example, in the form of questions or challenges, etc.;
- Using songs that are currently popular . Even though the short video is less than a minute, this is the easiest way to go viral. You only need to use songs that match the content;
- Use appropriate hashtags . Hashtags help your videos to be easily found in the search feature. You can also include the hashtags #foryoupage #FYP or #foryou so TikTok’s algorithm system can detect your content;
- Create content that keeps your audience watching to the end. This allows your video rating to increase and enter FYP. For example, step by step videos, tutorials, duets or collaborations with other creators, etc.;
- Interactive . Commenting each other, giving likes, and following content that enters FYP is the first step of interaction. This can build communication with fellow users so that your account has strong engagement.
4. Increase Followers
The most important thing for successful TikTok monetization is to increase followers.
However, buying followers is not the answer (you want to earn money, not throw money away).
Because you don’t necessarily get an engagement rate that is in line with the number of followers.
Well, the solution for how to make money from TikTok is to get organic followers on TikTok . The method is:
- Find niche content . The goal is to reach and gather followers with the same and specific interests. So that it can receive information of a commercial nature, such as Sponsored Content Posts, etc.;
- Uploading interesting videos . Edit your video before posting. For example, by adding song snippets, video thumbnails, subtitles, video quality, neat video transitions, etc.;
- Consistent or scheduled . Trends on TikTok are always changing, try something new and follow trends consistently. And regularly create TikTok content, for example three times a day, so that viewers will also increase;
- TikTok profile optimization . When someone is interested in viewing your content, it could be that the user visited your profile. So, complete your profile with a photo, real name, username that is easy to type/read, and a sufficient bio profile that describes yourself;
- Take the viral challenge . There are tons of viral challenges all the time on TikTok. Because it’s viral, there will be a lot of competition, so you can experiment by following the viral challenge with your own characteristics;
- Collaboration with other TikTok users . TikTok has a stitch feature so you can duet with other TikTok content. This method can be done so that your content is not monotonous and also increases engagement with other users;
- Upload your content to other social media . On Instagram, there is a lot of TikTok content milling about. You can also share or repost TikTok content on other social media, like Instagram, Facebook, etc;
- Upload at prime time . Your content will be useless if not many views. One of the most common mistakes is uploading outside prime time. In Indonesia, prime time is around lunch time and before bedtime.
Ready to Make Money from TikTok?
Each social media platform can actually be maximized to increase the coffers of income. Likewise with TikTok which is more or less the same.
You already know nine ways to make money from TikTok, namely TikTok marketing, influencer agencies, sponsored content posts, donations, account management services and account trading.
Even here, you understand how to monetize an account, aka how to make money on TikTok to make it even more stable. For example, determining an account niche, setting targets, optimizing content, to increasing followers.
Well, your next step is the one who decides. How big do you want to be on TikTok?
Anda harus log masuk untuk menerbitkan komentar.